Create blog post titled '3.8 I can describe the reaction between alkenes and bromine'
1. Write the word equation showing the reaction between ethene and bromine water:
Ethene + bromine water -----> bromoethane + hydrogenbromide
2. Draw the displayed formula of the reaction above
Take a photo of the answers to 1. and 2. and upload to your blog
3. Explain the observations:
4. Why does this reaction not need a catalyst? Because alkenes are highly reactive.
5. What type of reaction is this called? Addition reaction
6. Explain why this reaction is useful: